Main Photo

Main Photo
Welcome to Mabel's Fables Bookstore!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Red Glove (Mandy)

Usually we wait until the book's release date, but we're all just far too excited about this one to keep it to ourselves until then!

Title: Red Glove (April 01, 2011 - Reviewed from Advance Reading Copy)
Author: Holly Black (USA)
Age group in store: Fantasy/14+

Briefly, it's about:
This is the second book in The Curse Workers series.

I (Mandy) won't put much in this because I don't want to spoil anything from this book or White Cat. So I'll stick to the five-second sell instead: As if it's not enough that Cassel is now entangled with the curse worker mafia, he must struggle to resist the advances of the girl of his dreams, who has been cursed to love him back.

Mandy's Rave:
This book is as awesome-ly awesome as the first one. I couldn't put it down even as I wished I could read it more slowly and relish it. SOOOOOOOO GOOOD!!! I can't wait for the next book to come out. I don't think I've been this excited about a series since Hunger Games : D

And Melissa would like to add...

I LOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE THESE BOOKS!

I'm trying to hand sell them left right and centre (esp. to teachers for lit. circles) because it is such delicious writing.

Hooray for excellent trilogies!

It's perfect for:
Who ISN'T it perfect for! Excellent writing, excellent storytelling...it's one of those series that has so far transcended everyone's personal tastes and preferences, from the Historical Fiction buff to the Judy Blume girl.

# of stars: ***** ... ***** !

P.S. For the month of March White Cat will be on sale - 20% off! You may also want to consider pre-ordering Red Glove :)

No comments:

Post a Comment